[Bf-committers] Help on linking added lib on XCode

Rafael Campos rafaelcdn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 18:47:15 CEST 2013

Just to document the solution that Brecht helped me with:

Error 1: Cannot use typeid with -fno-rtti
It was just a matter of editing the corresponding CMakeLists.txt to remove
the flags -fno-rtti, since OpenVDB uses typeid.

Errors 2 and on: No member named 'punned_cast' in namespace 'tbb::internal'
OpenImageIO has its own version of tbb that gets included.
This version of tbb, however, is not complete - probably a subset of what
OIIO needs. But since the preprocessor definition symbols are the same,
this version got included, and the full tbb dependency I added didn't,
hence the missing symbols series of errors. The fix was to change the
include order in the corresponding CMakeLists.txt file, causing my tbb
dependency to be included first.

These changes will be committed later today.

Thanks,
Rafael.