[Bf-committers] Embedded Bfont violates GPL

IRIE Shinsuke irieshinsuke at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Jul 18 15:10:28 CEST 2013

Yeah, the section 7 of GPLv3 indicates two facts:

- The GPL needs modification (the additional term) for the embedded
   font part to prohibit the derivative works from using "Bitstream" or
   "Arev" names

- Prohibition of sale of the font only package is "further restriction"
   wihch cannot be allowed by the additional terms

So I conclude that the Bfont and Bmonofont cannot be embedded in the
Blender executable without violating the GPL.

IRIE Shinsuke