[Bf-committers] Import Mesh with VertexColor?

Michael Williamson michaelw at cowtoolsmedia.co.uk
Wed Jul 17 20:11:55 CEST 2013

Probably not teh answer you want to hear but a few years ago when I was
going back and forth between blender and maya I wrote a simple vertex
colour ascii format file and exporter's /importers for blender and maya..

sadly I don't have the code and even if i did blender side would be 2.49
so would need scrapping and starting again and maya side would need to
be re-written for max/softimage anyway..

just saying it's not too hard to 'roll you own' solution in some of
these cases..

Ultimately I'd like full featured fbx IO but until then...