[Bf-committers] Import Mesh with VertexColor?

Thomas Volkmann lists at thomasvolkmann.com
Wed Jul 17 19:52:59 CEST 2013

Hi,
it's the time of the year again, when I want to use Blender for some 'real'
tasks at work. And as usual I am having huge problems getting my Data into and
out of Blender.
Last time it was Camera animation that I couldn't get into Blender*, this time
I'm using the vertex-colors when importing a mesh into Blender (from Softimage
or Max).
So my question:
Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not supported?

Again my usual plea (short version):   If Blender wants to take part in
professional pipelines, the data IO is crucial!

cheers,
Thomas

*workaround: export to fbx and use the Autodesk FBX-converter to convert to
collada -dae
If someone is interested, there is a initiative for a standard Cameradata IO
format: <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/xsi_list/G3Fuwh0qG7I>