[Bf-committers] Weekly developer meeting, July 14, 2013

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 21:31:56 CEST 2013

Hello,

I missed the meeting, but I'd like to bring up that the SVN server doesn't
support automatic sync merges or reintegrate merges. Both are very useful
tools introduced in SVN 1.5 (the server is running 1.6). The reason we
cannot currently use these tools is because the repository is using FSFS
version 2 when it needs to be using version 3 to support these merge tools.
Ways to upgrade the repository's FSFS version are discussed here[0]. While
the accepted answer (using svnadmin dump) might be the better one, I think
simply doing an svnadmin upgrade would be easier and still get the job
done. If someone could look into this, I would really appreciate it as it
would make maintaining branches a lot easier.

Thanks,
Mitchell Stokes

[0]
http://serverfault.com/questions/208164/how-to-upgrade-v2-to-v3-fsfs-subversion-filesystem