[Bf-committers] Weekly developer meeting, July 14, 2013

IRIE Shinsuke irieshinsuke at yahoo.co.jp
Sun Jul 14 20:05:16 CEST 2013

Hi,

> - Good news! Pixar will release OpenSubdiv in GPL-compatible license!
> http://graphics.pixar.com/opensubdiv/release_info.html

Apache 2.0 license is compatible with GPLv3 but incompatible with v2.
Indeed Blender source tree includes GPLv3+ files (in intern/smoke) so
I believe Blender has already moved to GPLv3.

However, doc/license/GPL-license.txt and release/text/GPL-license.txt
files are still v2's ones.  Have we forgotten to update these license
files?

IRIE Shinsuke