[Bf-committers] Patch: Panel Show Triangle

koil . dd4567 at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jul 11 21:14:21 CEST 2013

Hi.

"However, there are many more issues with the property-panel visuals than
just the triangles, including the out-of-alignment section-checkboxes, the
busy diagonal drag-handles, and unclear panel disable indication."

I agree.

"Rather than one-offing just one of these issues, it's worth the effort to
make a clean and consistent refinement proposal which fixes them all."

I agree, however this is patch which can be commited, this is not UI design.

Adding all the proposals to one patch at the same time, i think this maybe problematic.
The longer a patch doesnt get committed, the more out of sync it becomes.
So if the patch is big, its a big load of code to maintain.
Where possible, I think its better to add the proposals one at a time with different patches.
This way, its easier maintain, easier to review the code, and quicker to implement.

Ill add, that code to disable the triangle, and code to draw a 3 point triangle or 2 different icons, would be different, thus this could also be a different patch.

I know there is more than just triangle code with harleys UI designs.
I would love to code more of the proposals harley made, or help with code research.

So far i see no reason why this patch should not be committed.
This patch is progress towards the UI designs on the thread.

koil