[Bf-committers] Patch: Panel Show Triangle

koil . dd4567 at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jul 10 06:02:43 CEST 2013

Hi.

With the panels, you can press the whole header, not just the triangle.
I didnt know this myself until it was pointed out.
Now i find it more pleasing to press the header without the triangle distracting me.

People call this "visual noise", the triangle is something that is not required.

People do argue that a indicator is required, to show if the panel is open or not.
That is why the patch has the option to show the triangle, and by default it is set to show.
So adding this patch, wouldnt change anything to the default appearance of blender.
This patch adds the option, in user preferences theme, to not show the triangle, if desired.

koil