[Bf-committers] Patch [#36028] New 4-column layout for the editor-type-selector menu...

Sean Olson seanolson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 15:04:31 CEST 2013

Not sure if you want to put the effort into coding a simple test program -
but it could be very informative.

It could/should work online - basically, it would populate randomly the
different menu types that you propose, but with random arbitrary words
instead of the 'known language' of Blender.   On clicking a 'test' button,
The program would then give you a random word that appears on the list, and
then measure how long it takes you to click the actual word within the menu
and log that to a database/spreadsheet.

With a tool like this we could make some actual data-driven UI decisions
instead of conjecture over which way is better.  (Given the spread of who
is for changes and who is against, I have a feeling that the preference has
strongly to do whether you are a left brained person or a right brained
person.)

-Sean