[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting - July 7, 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 7 16:29:10 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Here's the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
It's summertime, or everyone is busy, so it was a short meeting!

1) Blender 2.68 release status

- Meeting agrees to extend BCon4 period (bug fix only) 1 more week.

- The tracker still has too many open reports (140), of which unstable viewport render should really be tackled. Ton Roosendaal will check, or consult Brecht van Lommel for help.

- In general, bug tracker status is: "lots of small issues that are not new (i.e. related to 2.67)". So we can conclude that people report a lot, not that Blender is in an unacceptable bad state.

2) Google Summer of Code

- Thomas Dinges (Cycles) and Sergey Sharybin (threaded object update) reported good progress. See for full reporting - or to get involved - here: