[Bf-committers] Regarding the current usage of proportional edit

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 13:35:56 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM, David Jeske <davidj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm confused about your repeated mention of the o toggle.
>
> On my stock 2.67b build.. O toggles proportional edit on and off already.
>
> You should be able to use Campbell's script to setup a hotkey to pop-up a
> menu with the list of proportional editing modes to select from. I admit
> that doing this is super confusing, and I have it on my list to fix that.
>
> As far as I can see, these are both of your suggestions and you can do them
> today.
>
> If I'm missing something, feel free to reply privately and you can clarify.

This can be made more user friendly and the wm.context_* operators can
be better integrated into the keymap editor (and have `Assign Key
Shortcut`) available.

One of the problems here is blender will have to guess the path back
to the context.

We already have `wm_prop_pystring_from_context`, its currently used to
make strings for the info view when you change properties, but its not
so reliable and guesses at common paths.

--
- Campbell