[Bf-committers] Regarding the current usage of proportional edit

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 08:53:05 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ah, I misunderstood, in that case use "wm.context_menu_enum"

I see. That makes sense now that I see it, but I'm not sure how any
reasonable user or casual dev would be able to figure that out. Which
brings me back to....

> >  As a "naive user" in this situation, I would really like it if I could
> > hover-over a control, look at the RNA/Python path, and type that directly
> > into a keymap to trigger the menu. I don't understand why I can't do
> this.
> > Heck, I'd like to be able to "right click" on the control and choose
> "make
> > shortcut" and get a nice panel to set it up. Any advice on how I make
> that
> > work?
>
> At the moment you can't do that but of course it could be made to work.

I've added it to my TODO list after some other stuff.. If you have any
pointers on good ways to do it, they are appreciated. Otherwise I'll figure
it out.