[Bf-committers] Patch [#36029] improvements to spline behavior with a SINGLE handle selected

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 07:47:16 CEST 2013

After hashing it out with a few artists/users who LOVE the current spline
handle behavior, I think I have a patch which will make single spline
handle-set more predictable/understandable, while retaining 110% of current
functionality. (not a joke, I added functionality by fixing bugs)

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=36029&group_id=9&atid=127

This patch improves the usability of the spline handle set menu behavior
when a SINGLE spline handle is selected. It does not change the behavior of
spline handle modes or how splines are interpreted.

It also...

- adds a visualization for a rotation-constrained spline handle, and fixes
a couple bugs in working with single spline handles.

- allows any single spline handle to be scaled along the spline axis with
no fear of rotating the spline (no matter what mode the spline is in).
Previously this was only possible for both handles together.

See the bug for the nitty gritty details...