[Bf-committers] tooltips on python created operators?

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 05:49:16 CEST 2013

Any particular reason there isn't an argument for adding custom tooltip
text when adding operators via Python with .... ?

UILayout.operator(operator, text="", text_ctxt="", translate=True,
icon='NONE', emboss=True)

I want to add tooltips to lines that look like this:

 row.operator("curve.handle_type_set", text="Auto").type = 'AUTOMATIC'
 row.operator("curve.handle_type_set", text="Vector").type = 'VECTOR'
 row = col.row()
 row.operator("curve.handle_type_set", text="Align").type = 'ALIGNED'

Obviously the generic "handle_type_set" operator tooltip isn't
appropriate.. because these have parameters.

Unless you have some objection, I'd like to add an optional paramater
"tooltip", which allows the definition of a custom tooltip for this item...
and punch it up into C land into the tooltip. Any objection?