[Bf-committers] Regarding the current usage of proportional edit

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 02:55:52 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM, David Jeske <davidj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is a semi-dev related followup...
>
> I figured it should be possible to cause a keypress to bring up the
> context-menu to select a specific proportional editing mode. I tried to
> replace the "shift-o" keybinding
> to wm.context_cycle_enum(tool_settings.proportional_edit_falloff) to a
> direct reference to tool_settings.proportional_edit_falloff (which is what
> it says in the tooltip for that popup menu). I expected it to make a
> context-menu when I hit the key, but it didn't work. I also tried
> ToolSettings.proportional_edit_falloff.
>
> It looks like it's resolving something in the keybind panel.. Why doesn't
> this work?
>
> http://www.pasteall.org/pic/54972

It doesn't work because the rna path is used as an operator name. this works.

import bpy
km = bpy.context.window_manager.keyconfigs.default.keymaps["3D View"]
kmi = km.keymap_items.new("wm.context_cycle_enum", 'O', 'PRESS', oskey=True)
kmi.properties.data_path = "tool_settings.proportional_edit_falloff"