[Bf-committers] HiDPI notes for other OS'es

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 23:45:21 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 4:14 AM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:

> The node editor has been badly patched indeed, which is solvable, but not
> so easy. I postponed it to wait for decisions or designs how we want the
> node editor to evolve.

I think I now understand what you meant about combining 2d and the widgets
in the node editor being a challenge for the current coordinate model. You
mean because the nodes themselves have widgets drawn into their faces
right?

The bug you mention (for adding nodes) is just a python scripting issue -
> it tries to do DPI magic there, which it shouldn't.

As far as I can see, the retina node-placement bug is not caused by
Campbell's recent patch that added those DPI calculations. It existed
before he added that, and is unaffected by it. If you take out those
calculations the bug is still present and exactly the same. The bug exists
because there is a pixelsize (not DPI) compensation issue -- this is why it
happens only on retina.

If I understand what's going on.... the node-editor "2d camera" zoom and
origin are not being scaled for pixelsize, which means mouse events must be
scaled for pixelsize before being used as coordinates to places new nodes.

I think this could be fixed in v2d.region_to_view, as you mentioned in your
other email. I've moved onto some other stuff, but if this doesn't get
fixed in a while I'll turn back to it.