[Bf-committers] expectations about spline-handle type-toggle behavior...

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 23:32:14 CEST 2013

I'm making a patch to adjust (fix!) some odd behavior related to
spine-handle toggling, which I filed in this bug..

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=35952&group_id=9&atid=498

The main bug I filed is that the docs (and user expectation), say that
toggling a handle to "free" should cause the two handles to become
"disconnected from each other". However, the current code doesn't do this
when only one of the spline handles is selected, because it sets that
handle to free but leaves the other one "aligned" to the free one..
effectively making the spline feel like an aligned spline where one of the
handles works and the other is "locked" (i.e. broken).

I have a patch which fixes the above problem, and makes spline-handle
type-toggling work "much more predictably" from my perspective.

Can anyone tell me how the IPO_AUTO_HORIZ / HD_AUTO_ANIM spline-handle mode
is used?

Also, if anyone is a spline expert and cares about this, read the bug as I
have a bunch of other questions.