[Bf-committers] Proposal/Potential Roadmap for Blender/BGE Integration

Sinan Hassani [email redacted]
Mon Jul 1 19:05:22 CEST 2013

What about external game engines?

The roadmap talks about Blender integration with engines that have their
own editor like UDK/Unity. But what about those who are using engines
that use Blender as the editor? I for example use Urho3D, there is also
GameKit.

Do you plan on making changes to the BGE UI in 2.7/2.8/3.0? Will the API
change? Will there be a "game interface" in Blender for game engines to
make use of?

I require a game engine to use Blender as the editor, and in my plug-in,
I'm currently making use of BGE's game interface. I only add more to the
interface by implementing my own draw functions on top of BGE's (i.e. I
don't implement a separate renderer).

So my main question is, will the plug-in UI / API change? And if so,
will it change dramatically with this new BGE proposal?

Sinan