[Bf-committers] ubuntu unity alt key

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Jan 31 19:55:50 CET 2013

Hi,

Additional info: the conflict is not that Unity overrides Blender shortcuts - we could live with that. The issue is that on every (!) ALT keypress, Unity sends the active application a window-deactivate and a window-activate event.

Apart from the unnecessary full-UI refresh this invokes, Blender also clears modifier key state then. That's sane behaviour in general, shortcuts from WM's can move focus to other windows, so you don't get key-release events anymore.

This issue was only visible after 2.65a, due to a bugfix that solved "Hanging ALT key" on de-activates, which would change button values on using scrollwheel. By default, scrollwheel events are also sent to inactive windows...

-Ton-