[Bf-committers] Minimal Blender specs - 5 year old systems & OS

Jed Frechette jedfrechette at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:25:45 CET 2013

FWIW, I see 3D content creation as a fundamentally high-end endeavor.
Being able to start learning Blender on low-end systems is great. However,
I want Blender to be taken seriously as a professional tool, not just
something you play with until you are able to afford "real" hardware and
software.

If development is being held back by attempting to support old hardware
and OS versions and no one is willing to step up and support those bits
then their use should be depreciated.I would much rather see the limited
developer hours available put towards moving Blender forward rather than
attempting to maintain compatibility with an ever increasing list of
legacy hardware and OS versions.

--
Jed Frechette