[Bf-committers] Minimal Blender specs - 5 year old systems & OS

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Wed Jan 30 15:43:28 CET 2013

Hmm, seems my last mail didn't get through. If it did, apologies for the spammage:

I think it's very important to keep into account
that Blender is supposed to be an easily accessible 3D creation suite for
the masses. Learning curve aside, anyone who wants to give 3D a try can
download Blender and give it a whirl. This also means people who don't
upgrade their hardware every 4 years, the more casual users (for lack of
 a better term). According to this Wikipedia article[1] Windows XP had a
 market share of 39% last year December. I say in this case it doesn't
matter the OS is 10 years old. It could be 20, but if enough people
still use it, I think it's worth supporting. Just my two cents anyways.

-Patrick

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems