[Bf-committers] Feature Request : Child particles hair keys accessible from python‏

Maurice Raybaud mauriceraybaud at hotmail.fr
Wed Jan 30 09:02:42 CET 2013

Hi,

This may be my first post on this list, so I'm certainly mistaken about a few things :) but still:

The following bug report describes the current state of particle Python API and more specifically in my case hair:
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=33287&group_id=9&atid=498

The
 best thing for me would be to have  ChildParticle.hair_keys to get the
trajectory steps of each child like for parent particles

I have
heard this is a lot of work to implement, but just want to add one more
request to the rest for it: I implemented basic hair support for POV-Ray
 exporter and tried to find other Python exporter that did things
better,  to find out that Vray exporter, using more hardcoded approach
was the only other one along cycles to get acces to children hair.

Could this C code be given access from Python? or is it just not possible?

Thanks for reading