[Bf-committers] Minimal Blender specs - 5 year old systems & OS

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 08:54:14 CET 2013

As I read this debate, I keep wondering how much is theoretical and
how much is existential. I run a relatively old computer; Nvidia 8600
gt, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ and about 4 GB ram
and a new ssd drive (love it!). The SVN version of Blender runs just
fine as long as I don't push the poly to high and cycles is slow as
hell but usable if I set all the bonces to 1 and render over night.
This computer is at least 6 years old plus. It cost be about 600 euros
new. I think this year I will update the graphics card because I want
cycles to run like in all the tut vids! :-) I am sick of CPU render in
cycles.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!