[Bf-committers] Minimal Blender specs - 5 year old systems & OS

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 20:12:37 CET 2013

> Not only do we support hardware / software longer than other 3D
> software, as Blender is free people can also always stick to an older
> version.

> --
> Thomas Dinges

I think this is a great point.  Perhaps instead of supporting old
hardware, Blender.ord should support older versions of Blender. Pick a
version that was great every few years and keep this available for
download and list what hardware each version works well with. At a
minimum keep a version of 2.4 around until it is just stupid to do so
anymore.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!