[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes - January 27 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 27 17:46:27 CET 2013

Hi all,

Here's notes from today's session in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders

1) Blender 2.66 release status

- Sergej Reich finished his Bullet rigid project just in time before BCon3!
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sergof/GSoC2012/Documentation

- Good end-user docs for Rigid Body are coming, but we can get help! Contact Sergej. We should also publish the roadmap (features on the todo) for it.

- Preview renders in Property Editor for Cycles is coming soon. Sergey Sharybin and Brecht van Lommel will check on some code issues for it, Thomas Dinges and Brecht will work on a Blender file/scene with preview render setups.

- Matcaps also made it in svn last week. Ton Roosendaal collects submissions for an extended set to include in default. Will involve the submitters for selecting a good set, and/or post it in public for a review.

- We might have issues with running current svn in Windows 32 bits. Needs to be investigated.

- Note: this is the alst week of BCon3. Next sunday we move to BCon4 - make official testbuilds (Release Candidate).

2) Other projects

- Freestyle and PyNodes are still 2.67 targets.

- Ton will free up time to port over pie-menus to Blender for 2.67, using the Python add-on as being tested now.

- We also really need to re-establish and confirm the module owner list in wiki. Thomas will do an initial cleanup, and after review by Ton it'll be posted here for discussion!

Thanks,

-Ton-