[Bf-committers] Libs on windows?

Chad Fraleigh chadf at triularity.org
Thu Jan 24 02:18:57 CET 2013

While attempting to test my script compiled libs with a blender build
I noticed some things:

iconv doesn't seem to be used for windows [blender] builds. The only
place I see it in the cmake config is for "if(APPLE)", and even then
it is only a -liconv entry (so a system lib I assume). So is this
something that isn't used anymore (and should be removed from
trunk/lib/win*), a windows lib added but never included in the cmake
config, or something that is needed by other lib (that I have yet to
try compiling) and gets inlined into their dll?

Is OSL currently working for windows? When I enabled WITH_CYCLES_OSL
(in VS2008/32-bit) it crashes with some invalid pointer when I start
blender.

Also, just wondering.. what determines if something goes in
blender/extern/ vs lib/xxxxx/?

-Chad