[Bf-committers] Linux thumbnailer under nautilus 3/gnome 3

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:22:10 CET 2013

Hi all, I had a problem with my linux thumbnailers when I changed to
ubuntu 12.10. It looks like ubuntu 12.10 uses gnome 3/nautilus 3 which
uses a slightly different thumbnailing system than the one we use in
blender:

http://rlog.rgtti.com/2011/11/24/xfig-thumbnailers-with-gnome3nautilus3/

I added a file named "blender.thumbnailer" under
usr/share/thumbnailers with the following contents and now everything
works as it should. I think not all MimeType entries are needed here
but I leave that to better linux hackers than me :)

[Thumbnailer Entry]
TryExec=blender-thumbnailer.py
Exec=blender-thumbnailer.py %u %o
MimeType=application/x-blender;application/blender;application/x-blend;application/blend;