[Bf-committers] F2 adoption

Bart Crouch bartius.crouch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 20:40:51 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Jonathan Williamson
<jonathan at cgcookie.com>wrote:

> The current hockey extension is ideal for me, particularly since it
> doesn't change the behavior of the existing fill.

Voicing in as the author of the add-on: this was one of the main concerns
Paul and I had. We didn't want to change existing behaviour, we just wanted
to extend the functionality of face filling.

The perceived unpredictability of the tool due to the position of the mouse
cursor influencing the result is something we specifically tested. I also
have a version of the add-on which does not take the mouse cursor into
account, but in practise that turned out to be even more unpredictable (I
can provide this version if people are interested in testing). Then the
computer will have to take a blind guess at which face a user wishes to
create, or come up with some smart algorithm, which is never smart enough
to come even close to conscious user input.

Yours friendly,
Bart