[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes - 20 January 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 20 17:10:42 CET 2013

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's session in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders

1) Blender 2.66 progress

- Current projects and planning:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- The Bullet branch is nearly finished, but needs some recode still for way how Groups are being handled.

- PyNode branch review didn't make it last week due to flu.

- Matcap work hasn't been finished last week either, integrating in a nice way is complicated. Sculpt code is also using different drawing.

- Most of the time meeting spent on defining whether to extend this release cycle with 1 or 2 weeks or not. We settled on the following:

Approved release targets/projects get until tuesday 22nd end of day to be added in trunk. We will try to stick to original planning, but if Bullet branch and/or Pynode gets in we can extend testing/fixing period (bcon3) with a week.

- Translation code for for Python Add-on scripts will get added today

- Rounded vertex-only bevel fix is coming soon, A complete new modifier implementation for Beveling becomes a 2.67 target.

2) Other projects

Nothing mentioned today.

Thanks,

-Ton-