[Bf-committers] External libs builder for Windows [v2013.01.18]

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sat Jan 19 23:21:53 CET 2013

Hi,
What does that mean for the current x32/x64 MSVC 2008 libs? (VC 2008 is
what we use for official releases).
Will they stay the same, but if we have to upgrade a library we can use
your script?

I don't really see the benefit here (yet). It's not the same situation
as on Linux imo.
We don't update libs that often on Windows and if I have to rebuild one
lib or two in weeks/months I rather do it manually with full control,
rather than with a script (which sounds like a big hack if I get you
right).

Regarding separate repositories (no shared headers, no shared libs
between different vc versions) is a really good thing though and I
highly support that.

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Dinges