[Bf-committers] External libs builder for Windows [v2013.01.18]

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sat Jan 19 18:59:38 CET 2013

Great work! So have you been able to build Blender with these
libraries, does it need build system changes too or do things get
installed in the same directory structure as before?

So let's see how we can get this stuff in svn. Can we get some
feedback from Windows platform maintainers, do you all agree with the
general idea here? Does anyone want to review the scripts and setups
here?

The question then is also still what kind of directory structure we
want to use for windows libraries. In my opinion we should just have a
lib/windows-arch-vsxxx directory for each combination we support. This
gives a minimal and simple download for users. The include directories
would be duplicated, but that's also an advantage if not all platforms
get updated to a new library version at the same time, otherwise the
build might break.

Thanks,
Brecht.