[Bf-committers] External libs builder for Windows [v2013.01.18]

Chad Fraleigh chadf at triularity.org
Sat Jan 19 06:47:01 CET 2013

After some more work, a few breaks to avoid insanity fighting with
some of the VS and cmake configs, and a lot of hacking of the various
build scripts/projects (the patches it has to do is a mess!), I got
farther. Now I'm able to build all the following libs under
VS2008/32-bit, VS2010/32-bit, VS2010+SDK7.1/32-bit, and
VS2010+SDK7.1/64-bit:

	boost
	freetype
	ilmbase
	jpeg
	lcms
	llvm
	openal
	opencollada
	opencolorio
	openexr
	openimageio
	png
	pthreads
	python
	samplerate
	sdl
	tiff
	tinyxml
	yaml
	zlib
	zlibwapi

I'll try to install the 6.1 SDK soon and see if it also works for
VS2008 x64. Unfortunately when I reinstalled my VS's, VS2012 decided
to manifest a bug where it doesn't install any of the C header files
(thanks M$!).. so I can't do any more testing on them at the moment.

The builder setup (with and without source tar/zip distros):

	http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/lib-builder.zip  (186M)
	http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/lib-builder-nosrc.zip  (4.5M)

The results of my compiles (the VS10+SDK7.1 x32 was omitted due to
size and being mostly redundant if someone just needs the 2010
binaries).

	http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/install-vs9.0_x32_sdk6.0.zip
 (217M)  **
	http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/install-vs10.0_x32_sdk7.0.zip
 (214M)
	http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/install-vs10.0_x64_sdk7.1.zip
 (254M)

	** install-vs9.0_x32_sdk6.0.zip is still uploading as of composing
this message, so give it half an hour or so if you want that one.

The logs for each of those builds (generated by the buildall.bat
script) for reference:

	http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/logs-vs9.0_x32_sdk6.0.zip  (275K)
	http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/logs-vs10.0_x32_sdk7.0.zip  (471K)
	http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/logs-vs10.0_x32_sdk7.1.zip  (472K)
	http://www.triularity.org/download/blender/logs-vs10.0_x64_sdk7.1.zip  (498K)

All the old install-*.zip's have been deleted (to free up space).

-Chad