[Bf-committers] Blender weekly eeting minutes, 13 January 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 13 17:27:58 CET 2013


Yeah, eating minutes ;)

What I forgot:

- New splash committee will be appointed by the old one. Proposal is that they select an artist or artwork for 2.66 splash, but only when the .blend file gets published (Under CC-by-sa or CC-by).


Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation   ton at blender.org    www.blender.org
Blender Institute   Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam   The Netherlands

On 13 Jan, 2013, at 17:15, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi all,
> Here's a summary of today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
> 1) Blender 2.66 status and planning
> - Sergey Sharybin proposed to remove the old compositor code from svn now. It's there as compile option still, but not needed or used anymore, nor supporting new color management code.
> - Ton Roosendaal: will do some "file flag" cleaning - for all the different .blend options we support now. It then will allow a formal definition of a 'template blend' too, which is like startup blend, but then you can have many.
> - Bastien Montagne presents translations for add-ons in Blender:
> https://codereview.appspot.com/7102054/
> Campbell Barton will review.
> - Ton has WIP code for "matcap" in Blender (sphere textures mapped on normals), this can provide a much faster and good looking GLSL shader option for "Solid" draw mode, especially useful for modeling and sculpt. UI control for this is still open, a proposal will follow this week.
> - Sergey will work on movie support in Cycles, and clean up color/alpha operations in compositor (to prevent premultiplied colors messing up too easily).
> - Sergej Reich expects to get his Bullet Branch in svn this week.
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sergof/GSoC2012/Documentation
> Campbell volunteered to review. We need good user feedback on this too!
> - Ton did initial review of Jorge Rodriguez' GSoC (UI) project, and selected a handful of simple/compatible features that can merge too - but will first carefully check code. 
> - Lukas Toenne has a new doc for PynNodes, an overview of the DNA/BKE structure, including the major changes and couple of remarks: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Phonybone/Nodes_Documentation
> Brecht van Lommel will review the project, he hopes it can get in for 2.66 still. 
> 2) Other projects
> - Bastien Montagne collected a list of fixes we need to do, which will break forward compatibility (old Blender reading newer files) when applied:
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo/Compatibility_Breaking
> - Bastien confirms Freestyle branch is on track for 2.67!
> Thanks,
> -Ton-
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation   ton at blender.org    www.blender.org
> Blender Institute   Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam   The Netherlands
> _______________________________________________
> Bf-committers mailing list
> Bf-committers at blender.org
> http://lists.blender.org/mailman/listinfo/bf-committers

More information about the Bf-committers mailing list