[Bf-committers] Blender weekly eeting minutes, 13 January 2013
ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 13 17:15:13 CET 2013
Here's a summary of today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.66 status and planning
- Sergey Sharybin proposed to remove the old compositor code from svn now. It's there as compile option still, but not needed or used anymore, nor supporting new color management code.
- Ton Roosendaal: will do some "file flag" cleaning - for all the different .blend options we support now. It then will allow a formal definition of a 'template blend' too, which is like startup blend, but then you can have many.
- Bastien Montagne presents translations for add-ons in Blender:
Campbell Barton will review.
- Ton has WIP code for "matcap" in Blender (sphere textures mapped on normals), this can provide a much faster and good looking GLSL shader option for "Solid" draw mode, especially useful for modeling and sculpt. UI control for this is still open, a proposal will follow this week.
- Sergey will work on movie support in Cycles, and clean up color/alpha operations in compositor (to prevent premultiplied colors messing up too easily).
- Sergej Reich expects to get his Bullet Branch in svn this week.
Campbell volunteered to review. We need good user feedback on this too!
- Ton did initial review of Jorge Rodriguez' GSoC (UI) project, and selected a handful of simple/compatible features that can merge too - but will first carefully check code.
- Lukas Toenne has a new doc for PynNodes, an overview of the DNA/BKE structure, including the major changes and couple of remarks: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Phonybone/Nodes_Documentation
Brecht van Lommel will review the project, he hopes it can get in for 2.66 still.
2) Other projects
- Bastien Montagne collected a list of fixes we need to do, which will break forward compatibility (old Blender reading newer files) when applied:
- Bastien confirms Freestyle branch is on track for 2.67!
Ton Roosendaal Blender Foundation ton at blender.org www.blender.org
Blender Institute Entrepotdok 57A 1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers