[Bf-committers] Remove Distro Specific Commands

Ejner Fergo ejnersan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 05:06:10 CET 2013

Hola,

I've been hacking on the install_deps script, and just send a patch
to Bastien Montagne and Sergey Sharybin (requested via IRC). This patch
adds Numpy and OpenCOLLADA and does some refactoring, but does not yet add
support for other distros than RPM/DEB. I plan to do this to a degree,
thinking that with some distros (Gentoo specifically) people know what they
are doing ;)

I have considered making an option to only compile the needed libs (python,
numpy, boost, ocio, oiio, llvm, osl, opencollada(?), ffmpeg(?)) and leave
the system libs up to the user, but haven't thought it through yet.

BTW, the scripts looks after the package version of ffmpeg and not running
a check on an already installed ffmpeg, though as it is now it will always
compile ffmpeg from source (haven't touched that bit). Will see if I can
incorporate your code snippet some way.

Best regards,
Ejner Fergo