[Bf-committers] Linux package maintainers

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Jan 2 19:04:13 CET 2013

Hi all,

In the past weeks I've noticed Linux package maintainers getting annoyed with Blender.

Archlinux - check the comments:
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/blender

Gentoo rant:
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2012/12/bloody-upstream

We're not a typical (nor by origin) Linux project, getting sources built and distributed for Linux distros is not a priority among our active contributors.

However, I'd like to see if there's people on this list who like to help out keeping things smooth for Linux distros? Also on Ubuntu Software Center Blender's way behind usually...

Regards,

-Ton-