[Bf-committers] double-click non-mouse events?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 11:10:12 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 5:13 AM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If double click is not handled, the 2nd keypress is passed on to the queues.
> Try pressing A many times, goes fine. Also for typing text everywhere.
>
> Btw: "tapping up" I dont grasp, and if "keyboards can do double clicking" of course they do!
>
> -Ton-

> Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation   ton at blender.org    www.blender.org
> Blender Institute   Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam   The Netherlands
>
> On 31 Dec, 2012, at 19:04, Campbell Barton wrote:
>
>> When testing auto-complete modal-operator in the text editor, I found
>> that tapping up twice gives a KM_DBL_CLICK event.val, since Im
>> checking for KM_PRESS this makes the second tap do nothing.
>>
>> Is it intentional that keyboards can do double clicking too?
>>
>> source/blender/windowmanager/intern/wm_event_system.c:2961
>>                       /* double click test */
>>                       /* if previous event was same type, and previous was release, and
>> now it presses... */
>>
>> Adding ISMOUSE(event.type) check here makes it work as I'd expect.
>>
>> --
>> - Campbell

Looking into this a bit further, With keymaps this is fine, but not
working with modal operators,

To see where this fails in an existing use (unrelated to the text
editor autocomplete):

In editmode select a face, press ctrl+b, Then press '2' twice-fast.
Only the first number is accepted. If you press slowly the number '22'
shows up as expected.

If we want to have double click supported on non-mouse events we
should probably make sure that mouse movement is only checked for with
mouse-button events too - since you may be moving the mouse while
double-clicking on the keyboard.

Probably modal operator/event system should be fixed so that the first
event can be seen as handled by the event system and not become a
double click.

--
- Campbell