[Bf-committers] proposal for better integration of addon functionality

CoDEmanX codemanx at gmx.de
Tue Feb 26 15:44:06 CET 2013

The addon's name could be added to the tooltip, but screencasts wouldn't
benefit then... for video tutorials it would make sense to indicate
whether users need an addon or if need just the built-in functions.

append_after(bpy.ops.*) looks ok, but shouldn't it rather be
append_after("mesh.foobar") ?

And what to call the other function? prepend_before (I dislike)?

One problem is still not covered: what if someone uses an addon with
older blender, addon works but the given op / op name of a built-in
function doesn't exist in that version?