[Bf-committers] Patches for using i18n monospace font in Text editor and Python console

IRIE Shinsuke irieshinsuke at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Feb 22 23:26:55 CET 2013

Hi all,

I just submitted patches that add i18n display support to the text editor and the interactive console:

  http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=34373&group_id=9&atid=127

Screenshot:

  https://plus.google.com/photos/108666457756457924138/albums/5847890778201826545/5847890782374975970?authkey=CIPZrc32pPzuTw

On my machine, wrapping, selection, suggestion, etc. work properly even for CJK characters that occupy two columns per one character.

The problem is there may be no suitable font which includes all characters of many languages supported by Blender.  So, we should provide a mixed font like "bf-intl-mono.tff", or make new font setting in user preference so that user can select font file.

Anyway, please test/review it.

Thanks,

--
IRIE Shinsuke