[Bf-committers] VBO bug on Intel Integrated Graphics

Sinan Hassani sinan.hassani at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:00:45 CET 2013

Hi, I can confirm that I get crashes (segmentation fault) with object
selection (selection switching) on 2.65a and 2.66RC only when VBO is on
in "User Preferences". I'm using HD Graphics 4000 graphics card, Ubuntu
12.10, Mesa 9.2-devel hardware accelerated drivers with OpenGL 3.0 max
supported.

There was a bug reported in the tracker in 2011 regarding this issue:

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=27943&group_id=9&atid=231

When I turn off VBO, the crashing stops. I had to reset my startup blend
file to find the issue.

How was the testing for this issue done back then? Has it been concluded
that it's a driver issue or something that can be fixed in Blender? I
will give it a try myself and see if I can find out what's wrong. But I
thought I'd ask first to make sure if it's a driver issue.

Sinan