[Bf-committers] Cycles ocio ACES: viewport-render doesn't use the RRT

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:11:10 CET 2013

I don't think color management for viewport was implemented. Rendered
viewport is just default sRGB display (as the rest of OpenGL viewport).

It's not clear for me why you could have such warning tho. My guess is
you're using un-invertible color space for image datablock.

Also, which exact ocio configuration you're using? Doesn't seem it's
blender's one.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Thomas Volkmann
<lists at thomasvolkmann.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just starting to understand this whole colormanagement stuff, ocio and
> ACES
> in particular.
> And now I have one question: why isn't the RRT(+ODT) not applied during
> viewport
> rendering? see here: http://postimage.org/image/mmmqbtbs5/
>
> Looking for something else I found this in the console everytime I render
> in the
> viewport:
> OpenColor IO Error: 3D Luts can only be applied in the forward direction.
> <inverse> specified
> Maybe it's related?
>

> thanks,
> Thomas