[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes - February 102013

Tamito KAJIYAMA rd6t-kjym at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Feb 15 01:14:56 CET 2013


> - Freestyle: no news... but still possible.

Here are some quick updates:

Most of the comments and suggestions in the first round of code review by core
Blender developers have already been addressed, largely through a number of
patch contributions from Bastien Montagne (thanks again).

The Freestyle Python API updates are the only remaining major to-do item.
I have just committed a major revision to address code review comments
concerning the Python API.  I still need some more API updates, but I feel like
the most time-consuming part is done.

As soon as the Python API improvements are finished, I am going to ask for
another round of code review in view of the trunk merger in the 2.67 release.

With best regards,

KAJIYAMA, Tamito <rd6t-kjym at asahi-net.or.jp>

-----Original Message----- 
From: Ton Roosendaal
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:58 PM
To: bf-blender developers
Cc: editors at blendernation.com
Subject: [Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes - February 102013

Hi all,

Here's notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders:

1) Upcoming 2.66 release

- Main release showstopper is problems with Cycles GPU rendering for 32 bits systems. Brecht van Lommel and Sergey Sharybin will 
work on this the next few days.

- Bug tracker has enough issues to keep fixing, but no (other) showstoppers are there. Assuming the Cycles topic gets handled, we'll 
call for a Release Candidate on wednesday.

- Next sunday meeting we'll review the results of the RC release and decide on an actual release day.

2) Other projects, targets for 2.67

- Freestyle: no news... but still possible.

- Ton Roosendaal will work on a nice C implementation (+ Py access) for Pie menus.

- Brecht: Current Cycles roadmap: SSS, 'Ubershader', Displacement, Volumes, and then Baking.

- Stuart Broadfoot will work on Cycles hair closure and a minimum pixel width.

- Proposals are being reviewed for Rigid Body Constraints editing and visualization.

- Sergey will work on tools for more automatic motion tracking.

- Antonis Riakiotakis: will further work on texture paint:

- Campbell Barton now has a 3d printer, he already works with Dolf Veenvliet on good tools to help 3D print designers.

- Ton will work on cleanup of .blend file read/write flagging. This should enable 'template files' for example (like having multiple 


Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation   ton at blender.org    www.blender.org
Blender Institute   Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam   The Netherlands

Bf-committers mailing list
Bf-committers at blender.org

More information about the Bf-committers mailing list