[Bf-committers] Projects site code browsing - needs login now

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Feb 2 11:22:33 CET 2013

Hi,

Recently we're getting domains running 30-50 simultaneous sessions to browse our svn history at projects.blender.org.

Like for this:
http://projects.blender.org/scm/viewvc.php/trunk/blender/source/blender/?root=bf-blender

That's a python script with a quite heavy server load. If so many requests happen at the same time, the server will stop serving other requests.

For the time being I've made viewvc code history browsing only possible if you're logged in to the projects site, which is not a problem for devs.

Meanwhile we'll study on a way to prevent this abuse, or a way to allow code browsing without heavy svn load.

Thanks,

-Ton-