[Bf-committers] Minimal Blender specs - 5 year old systems & OS

Morten Mikkelsen mikkelsen7 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 04:43:47 CET 2013

>If development is being held back by attempting to support old hardware
>and OS versions and no one is willing to step up and support those bits
>then their use should be depreciated.I would much rather see the limited
>developer hours available put towards moving Blender forward rather than
>attempting to maintain compatibility with an ever increasing list of
>legacy hardware and OS versions.

Wow I couldn't have said it any better and I couldn't agree with you more.
Carrying around such legacy hw/apis can and does get in the way
of catering to the needs of higher end developers. Besides we're not
talking about
requires 8 cores and 8 gigs of gpu memory. We're talking about a fairly
reasonable up-tick
in min. spec in my opinion.