[Bf-committers] Plans for 2013-2014: open source cloud technology and sharing of resources

Oliver Palmer oliverpalmer at opalmer.com
Tue Dec 31 05:17:25 CET 2013

Hi,

So I was reading over the "Plans for 2013-2014" post on
code.blender.organd have some questions about the "Investigate and
deploy open source cloud
technology" and "Sharing of internal CPU and GPU computing/rendering
resources" points.  I'm curious, are these points focused on internal or
external projects?

If there's some external focus is there any way that I can help?  For a
while I've been working on a render farm that is built on top of Python and
several other open source libraries.  It's designed to be operating system
and software agnostic with an operational focus on distributed 3D/VFX
pipelines.  I'll be the first to admit the project is not 100% complete
right now, but could be by the time production on Gooseberry is ready to
get started.

In any case, the 2013-2014 plans look awesome!

---Oliver