[Bf-committers] SSL for developer.blender.org

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 19:36:23 CET 2013

Hey,

Ok, the (non EV yet) SSL cert has been installed and configured on
https://git.blender.org which, although isn't forcing https (yet?) when
browsing using gitweb, can be used to securely clone from using:

  git clone https://git.blender.org/blender.git
  cd blender
  git submodule update --init --recursive
  git submodule foreach git checkout master
  git submodule foreach git pull --rebase origin master

There is a command to change the origin to be HTTPS instead of HTTP that
doesn't require a new clone, but since I don't know this off the top of my
head, here is what a fresh .git/config file looks like after doing all of
the submodule checkouts and everything:

[core]
repositoryformatversion = 0
filemode = true
bare = false
logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
url = https://git.blender.org/blender.git
[branch "master"]
remote = origin
merge = refs/heads/master
[submodule "release/datafiles/locale"]
url = https://git.blender.org/blender-translations.git
[submodule "release/scripts/addons"]
url = https://git.blender.org/blender-addons.git
[submodule "release/scripts/addons_contrib"]
url = https://git.blender.org/blender-addons-contrib.git
[submodule "scons"]
url = https://git.blender.org/scons.git

Note that devs with commit access are probably pushing via ssh+git, which
is already cryptographically secure, in which case you can probably figure
out what to change on your own if you use alternate push/pull paths, etc..

As for the docboard, you may want to update any of the wiki instructions to
recommend HTTPS over HTTP, but I leave this for you to figure out.

Dan