[Bf-committers] error on updating submodules

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Dec 25 22:34:58 CET 2013

I'm not sure what is going on here, I just tried the commands and they
worked find to get a checkout with submodules.

git clone git://git.blender.org/blender.git
cd blender
git submodule update --init --recursive
git submodule foreach git checkout master
git submodule foreach git pull --rebase origin master

Googling for your error message, it appears this problem can sometimes
be solved by removing the submodule directory and updating, though
it's not clear why. So you could try:

rm -rf scons
git submodule update