[Bf-committers] Hair Sculpting and Simulation

張軒豪 pyrochlore at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 08:15:52 CET 2013

Hi all,

My name is Hsuan-Hao Chang and I am new to this mailing list.
I am specially interested in 'Hair' in Blender.

The hair sculpting tools in Blender is amazing but I want more.
Since Blender is open source, I decided to build some tools.
For example,
brush to orient strand of hair without change the shape,
utility to transfer hair shape from one to others,
roller helps create curl hair like Disney's Brave,
etc...

Before that, I think it would be a great idea to ask the project owner and
everybody here first for advices.

Also, I am interested in hair simulation.
>From the source code, I found the current 'hair simulation' using an
implicit cloth solver.
I have gave it a try, but the behavior of collision is not easy to control.

Will we have any plan to implement a real hair solver?
If we do have a plan, I want to do some contributes on that.
It would be a necessary if we just made a great hair style and want to
animate it.

Regards,
Hsuan-Hao