[Bf-committers] What is a "UV Texture" ? (definition wanted)

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sun Dec 15 13:52:52 CET 2013

Hi;

I am trying to rework the documentation for UV Maps in the blender wiki.
I found a lot of references to the term "UV Texture" but i could not find
any definition what a "UV Texture" is.

 From the context i guess this is true:

/A "UV Texture" is a (image- or procedural-) texture that is mapped //
//to the surface of a 3D object by use of a "UV Map"/

Can someone please approve/improve/correct this definition ?
Or ... maybe the term "UV Texture" is just a relict from the ancients
and should be avoided nowadays ?

Thanks,
Gaia