[Bf-committers] State of VS2012 support...

Caleb Joseph comcal116 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 04:46:38 CET 2013

Visual Studio 2013 runs on Windows 7 and above (not Windows 8 and above),
and can compile C/C++ code that runs on Windows Vista and above.
Considering that Microsoft is fully dropping support for Windows XP this
coming April, I think then would be an ideal time to make the switch to
Visual Studio 2013. We'll be able to compile far more optimised code with
the 5 years of development since 2008, be able to use C++11 features
without worrying about breaking support for Windows, and developers who
only have access to the free express edition of Visual Studio will be able
to compile 64-bit code which is not available in the free 2008 edition.